-->

January 23, 2012

20 of 365 - Kat Von D Haul & Swatches (part 1)

I was super stocked when my local Sephora call me to let me know that Kat Von D's new palette had arrived at their store. I've been waiting for a few weeks now. Naturally, I went in and picked it up... along with two of her new Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick.



This palette, "Mi Vida Loca" was inspired by Kat Von D's back tattoo (said to be one of her favorites). It's supposed to be reminiscent of 80's neon colours. While the colours are bright, I wouldn't call them neon by any means.

The colours are as follows (taken from Sephora.com, but the colour description matches the proper name - doesn't online)

- Swan Song (iridescent pearl)
- Marya  (pearl soft pink)
- No Regrets(hot pink purple sparkle)
- Drama For Yo Momma (iridescent purple)
- Mad Max (matte sky blue)
- Dublin (shimmery kelly green)
- Sparklehorse (shimmery gold)
- Altruism (shimmery vanilla)
- Eyeliner in Wonderchild (electric blue) 

Swan Song surprised me the most. It's kind of a duochrome. It may look white, but it actually has a red/violet satin sheen to it. Very nice. Meanwhile Marya is almost a very very baby pink (almost whitish) when swatched. I think Altruism disappointed me the most. It's colour and texture is very similar to Peanut in the True Love palette (just more gold than beige). Don't get me wrong, I like it, it's just not quite as smooth as the others. 

2 things I love about this palette: 1 - NO cream shadows (thank you!) 2- instead of the cheap throw away brushes, you get an eye liner. This liner is quite nice. I believe it's waterproof and I can say just rubbing at it with light and then medium force, it's got some staying power to it. 

As always, I love her formula; it's smooth in texture, glides on easily and blends well. This thing cost $41 and is well worth it when you break it down (8 shadows and a mini eye liner)

 Here are some more photos & swatches for you. Swatched over Urban Decay Portion Primer and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.  You'll notice there's a line between the two where the colour's slightly faded, almost like someone took an eraser to it - that's actually bare skin so you can see what UDPP & Milk do to the colours.

Typical packaging - love the colours!
Bottom to top: Swan Song, Marya, No Regrets, Drama for yo momma, Mad Max, Dublin, Sparklehorse and Altriusm
L to R: Swan Song, Marya, No Regrets, Drama for yo momma, Mad Max, Dublin, Sparklehorse and Altriusm
 Mad Max, Dublin, Sparklehorse and Altriusm
 Mad Max, Dublin, Sparklehorse and Altriusm
Swan Song, Marya, No Regrets, Drama for yo momma
Swan Song, Marya, No Regrets, Drama for yo momma
Kat Von D Autograph Pencil - Wonderchild

Any colours from this palette your looking forward to seeing more of? 

 Part 2 will cover the Everlasting Love Liquid Lipsticks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment