-->

September 20, 2012

August's 5 lip product reviews

I apologize for the delay with this post. I've had my review written on a sheet of paper for a few weeks now but just haven't typed it out. Procrastinator!

As you may remember, I decided that since I have so many lip products, that I'm going to choose 5 a month and only use those (other than chap stick). At the end of the month, I will review them.

These were the first 5 that I picked when I decided to do this. I choose 5 slightly easier ones as I only had 2 weeks.




Sephora Fresh Gloss:
- I like the fresh minty-ness of the gloss
- Leaves a slight tingly feeling (minty) and when you break in slightly through your mouth, tastes fresh - kind of like after a gum
- Not sticky, but hair will get caught

Verdict
- While I have 1 more, I wouldn't buy again. I barely reached for it


MUFE Lab Shine in Q10:
- Has a smell that I can't quite pin; bf thinks vanilla, but I think there's more to it - a little fruity. Someone mentioned apricot, but I'm not sure.
- Very sheer, but has a nice shine/slight glitter
- Not sticky, but hair will get caught

Verdict
- Probably would not buy again, I didn't reach for it much


Philosophy Pomegranate Bubbly:
- Strong smell, better suited for a hand/body cream
- You can also taste this strong smell - Horrible!
- Very sparkly, slight purple tint on the lips
- Thick, slightly sticky

Verdict
- I can't wear it at all. Definitely would not buy again. It's actually going straight into the garbage


UD Lip Junkie - Naked:
- Slight mint smell, slight tingle on lips
- Nude pink colour, slightly more sheer on my pigmented lips
- Velvety smooth feel - not sticky!

Verdict
- Would possibly buy a full size


BareMinerals Pretty Amazing in Panache
- No smell, no taste
- Initially thought colour was too dark/purple, however adds a little colour to lips and seems to hide lip imperfections (kinda hides the dry/chapped lips)
- Smooth, silky feel - not sticky!

Verdict
- Would definitely buy again. I think this colour is perfect for me!

I'll try to have more pictures for my next lip product review.  Have you tried any of these products? What was your thoughts on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment