-->

October 29, 2012

September's 5 lip product reviews

I am behind on many of my posts and I'm so sorry about it! Since the bf's playing some video games, I'm going to try to take advantage of this time and catch up on my posts.

As I've previously mentioned, I have a quite a bit of lip products and don't seem to use them very much. You can check out the initial post here and August's review here.

For September, I chose Make Up For Ever Lab Shine in M16, Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Lustre in Glitzy, Lise Watier Rouge Gourmand lipstick in Souffé, Tarte for True Blood LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint and mark. Gloss Gorgeous Stay on Lip Stain in Frilly Froufrou.



MUFE Lab Shine in M16

-Still has that smell that I can't quite pin - I think the smell's growing on me a little.
- Very sheer, but has a nice shine/metallic look to it. Colour barely show's up on my lips.
- Not sticky, but hair will get caught

Price: $21

Verdict
- Still don't think I'd buy it again. I barely grabbed for it (4th choice out of the 5), and the colour was barely there. It's not so bad if you want a gloss with a tiny hint of colour.

Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Lustre in Glitzy

- Super easy to apply (it's a big pencil!)
- Colour is perfect for me! Medium dark pink with a hint of gold sparkles (you cannot feel these on the lips)
- Long-lasting and moisturizing, slight peppermint scent/taste to it
- This was unfortunately from last year's limited edition holiday set, so can't buy it on it's own

Price: On it's own, $31, however the gift set was I think $44 for 5 (yes, they were full size, that's less than $10 each)

Verdict
- This was the number one item I reached for. While I don't think I'd pay $31 for it, I think I'll be reaching for the new Tarte holiday gift set this year because it was so worth it!


Lise Watier Rouge Gourmand lipstick in Souffé

- Applied like a regular lipstick
- Smooth, decent colour pay off
- Light frosty pink showed up on my lips alright

Price: $20

Verdict
- It's ok. Nothing amazing or bad to report back. I grabbed it a few times when I was feeling a little more girly (frost light pink..), but overall, I probably would not buy it again (maybe a different colour, but not this one)

M16, Glitzy, Soufflé, True Blood, Frilly FrouFrou



Tarte for True Blood LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint

- Super easy to apply (it's a big pencil!)
- Long-lasting (tint/slight stain) and moisturizing, slight peppermint scent/taste to it
- The colour is a little sheer, yet buildable.
- This too was limited edition

Price: Unsure. However it was probably $31

Verdict
- Would not buy again. The price was high (I'm a sucker for True Blood and Limited Edition), and if I want red, I have a few other choices that I prefer.

mark. Gloss Gorgeous Stay on Lip Stain in Frilly Froufrou

- Annoying clicker to get the product out
- Once out, easy enough to apply
- More of a gloss than a stain, however not sticky
- The slight colour that does show up on my lips is nice
- I wouldn't have tried this colour on my own (coral + the name)

Price: $11

Verdict
- So while the price isn't bad and the colour's nice, I can't stand having to click to get product. Accidentally click too much, click while it's in the purse, etc. So, I'm on the fence about this one. I think I probably would not buy again.

Hope everyone stays safe, dry and indoors while we get hit with this lovely weather! I promise you, October's will not wait a full month this time!

*hugz*
-Sam

2 comments:

  1. 10th follower! Great post! I am dieing to try out those tarte lipsurgence ! They look amazing.

    Steps To Perfection...With Romanianbutterfly206

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Ashley! I just bought Tarte's newest lipsurgence holiday set, so you can expect to see that review soon!

      Delete