-->

January 15, 2013

December GlossyBox

I have fallen behind!  I've had this box for about 2 weeks now and I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. Allow me to explain by showing you what was in the box.

Up first, a mini bottle of TRESemme Dry Shampoo

I have a full size one that I barely used. Not quite sure that I like it.

Next is Avon SuperShock Vivid liquid eye shadow
I like the colour, the staying power of it on my hand isn't bad either. Trying to stay out of all the drama surrounding the Avon products, I don't like the fact that Glossy included an item that you can't really purchase anymore in Canada. If it was a high end product that you couldn't get here, it'd be better. But a product from Avon? Not a big fan of this.

Aveeno Positively Ageless Day SPF 30

It's a nice full size product. I've never tried Aveeno before and I like that it has SPF 30 in it. I'm going to hold off on using this until the summer .

TRESemme Split Remedy & GlossyBox Lashes

More split remedy!? I've probably got about 7 of these by now. Haven't tried them yet. I'm waiting until I run out of my current shampoo & conditioner.
The lashes are very thick. Not something I'd pick up myself. I do look forward to trying these though.


Nobia Earrings
These are cheap. The colour is nice, but everything about it is cheap. The post one of of them still had a little piece of extra metal on it, so it wasn't smooth to the touch. The website says stainless steel for part of it, I thought aluminum, the man said plastic. lol.  That's how cheap these things feel. Would NEVER pay $14 for them. I wont even put them on.


And if you remember the first picture of the opened box, you may have noticed that there was also a redish nail polish and another Aveeno product. Unfortunately the Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer was too dark for me (light - medium).  If anything, I'm closer to fair than medium. The nail polish was Revlon Matte Suede in Fire Fox. The colour looked gorgeous, but I not one I would wear (I have a few reds already. Both of these items were given away at a swap.

Approximate total: $$69.55  (that does not include the Avon shadow or the TRESemme packet)

So there you have it. The box was full, contained several full size items (6 out of 8) and a nice variety. But I still feel just "meh" about this box.  We'll see what January's box has in store as their website states:
  • In January 2013, Embark on an Exploration of International Beauty

  • At Least 5 Globally-Inspired Deluxe Beauty Products Delivered to Your Door

  • Detailed How-To Guides for Mastering Looks from Around the World
Intriguing ...


Just a head's up, I am in the process of putting together a giveaway! Prize & Date to be announced in the next few weeks. Spread the love.



*hugz*
-Sam

1 comment:

  1. I would not use the Avon eyeshadow, it was discontinued in 2005.....yup 2005!!!
    only place selling it is on ebay uk.

    Also my Revlon nail polish was from year 2009.

    Here is my blog on the Avon and Glossybox!

    http://www.prettytastyreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/01/glossybox-canada-dec-2012-discontinued.html

    ReplyDelete