-->

September 05, 2014

Amie Skincare Review (two new favorites!)

Award-winning UK based skincare line, Amie, has launched 8 of their best-selling products in Canada, exclusively at Shoppers Drugmart.


Amie's line is pH balanced, dermatologically tested, not tested on animals, suitable for vegetarians, vegans, men and women and suitable for all skin types.

With on average 95% natural ingredients (such as cocoa seed butter and elderflower), they do not contain any of the following: parabens, mineral-oils, petrochemicals, sodium laureth sulphate or sodium lauryl sulphate, ingredients of Genetically Modified Origin, animal ingredients. None of that stuff! They're serious when they say naturally kind  on their packaging.

After two weeks of testing 4 of their products, here are my thoughts.

Morning Light Hydrating Daily Moisturiser

With a light rose scent, this is a nice and light moisturiser that applies nicely and doesn't pill on my skin. My skin feels moisturised all day long, however my t-zone gets a little oily during the day, so I use this at night, and the next item during the day. This is probably great for someone with dry skin.

Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturiser

Never thought I'd say I have a favorite moisturiser, but this is it! A light moisturiser with a natural smell (I can't pin-point what I'm smelling, but it's not overpowering or fake-smelling), this has been keeping my face moisturized all day long, but has also managed to keep the oiliness / shine at bay. I don't feel like my BB cream is sliding off my forehead in the middle of the day and the need to use blotting paper has gone down. While this doesn't make the oiliness & shine completely disappear, it has improved it by about 75%. Hands down, this is my new go-to moisturiser.

Radiant Dawn Exfoliating Daily Wash

Even though this is quite gentle, I would not use any exfoliator on a daily basis. However I do enjoy using this about twice a week. It has a lovely smell (like everything else). I mentioned this was gentle, but don't take that in a bad way - this stuff gets the job done. My skin feels great afterwards and the pores on my nose even look a little smaller for the next few hours afterwards.

Spring  Clean Deep Cleansing Mask

If I could only buy one product from this line, the Spring Clean Deep Cleansing Mask would be it. The combination of lime butter and peppermint smells like something you would want to eat. Use this twice a week, but especially on hot days. The cooling effect is such a treat on the skin, it's amazing. It's supposed to draw out dirt and impurities but also soak up excess oil  and prevent blemishes.My skin looks and feels great afterwards. This is going to replace all my clay masks.

I don't know what I was expecting, but two favorites was not it. This line makes me, my skin and my wallet happy. The most expensive thing that they'll be carrying at Shoppers Drugmart are the Moisturisers, which are $12 each (100ml).So far, I haven't found any of the Amie line at my local Shoppers.


(I received these items for testing & review purposes. All opinions are my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment