-->

January 20, 2015

No excuse not to remove your makeup!

If I could share one tip about makeup that I learned from my mom, it would be to make sure you take it off at night.

Premature aging, clogged pores, acne, eye irritation or infection are all possible when you don't wash that makeup off before bed. If you forget once in a blue moon, it's not too bad, but don't make it a daily habit.



I have two products that have helped me through the long holiday nights.
Amie Skincare has two makeup removing products that can be found at Shoppers Drugmart.


The Amie Bright Eyes Very Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover smells heavenly. I don't know what it is that I'm smelling, but if they made a drink that smelled like this, I would drink it all the time. They say to use a cotton pad and wipe gently across eye area. Unfortunately, while my makeup does not state that it's specifically waterproof, it's quite long lasting and this doesn't work for that without a little rubbing and a second cotton pad fairly drenched. For the days where my makeup isn't as long lasting, this works alright with minimal rubbing.


The Amie New Bloom Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes are a great price, but I don't think it's my fave. While I do find it a little rough on the skin, one wipe easily removes an entire face of makeup, including most eye makeup (after repeated wipage). For the waterproof or very long lasting eyeliner, a few more swipes is needed, but it gets the job done and with only 1 wipe. With going to bed so late during the holidays, I was often too tired to do a good wash, but this was my hero. Definitely something you should keep by your bed if you're the type who gets too tired to remember to wash off your makeup until you're already in bed.








1 comment:

  1. That’s a great reminder, Sam! With or without makeup, everyone should make it a habit to wash their face. This will remove all the impurities and dead skin cells from the skin’s surface, which are the common causes of an acne outbreak and other skin-related diseases. But with the simple task of washing your face matched with your effective beauty regimen, you’ll surely get an amazing result. Thanks for sharing.

    Byron Brewer @ Knight & Sanders

    ReplyDelete