-->

September 05, 2016

Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Lipsticks: Swatch + Review

Artist Rouge Lipstick

If you haven't heard the news yet, Make Up For Ever has re-vamped their line of Rouge Artist lipsticks. The new line, Artist Rouge, contains 25% more pigment and has a non-drying formula. With colours for every skin tone and options to go with neutrals or bold makeup looks, Make Up For Ever's Artist Rouge has got you covered.

Artist Rouge Lipstick
C406 and C105

The collection boasts over 40 matte and satin lipsticks that are sure to turn heads. Designed with the stage in mind, the Artist Rouge lipsticks do not bleed or feather and can last up to 10 hours.

These Artist Rouge lipsticks do not disappoint. All you need is one coat of this creamy formula to finish off any look.

Artist Rouge Lipstick

The top of the sleek matte black tube is embossed with the Make Up For Ever logo, and when you slide it off, it reveals the aluminum accent that has Make Up For Ever embossed into it. I personally love the look of this.

Artist Rouge Lipstick
C406 and C105

The lipstick glides on your lips without dragging and leaves behind a moisturizing streak of well pigmented colour that lasts several hours.

Artist Rouge Lipstick
C406

C406, a brick red, lasted the fully morning at work (8am-12:30pm). That's through breakfast and my non-stop water intake. Only after lunch did it start fading, but it still left behind a nice stain.

Artist Rouge Lipstick
C105

C105, a grege beige with a slightly pink undertone, doesn't seem to last as long, but I think it's because the colour blended into my lips quite nicely.

While I'm in love with both shades, C105 has become my go-to lip colour. It's fail proof!

Artist Rouge Lipstick

To celebrate the release of these beauties at Sephora, Make Up For Ever held an exclusive event full of art, music and dancing.  While at the event, I let the makeup artist have full control of the lip colour for my lip touch up. She chose C603, a dark blue that I never would have picked on my own. While I did get compliments, I did feel a little out of place with that bold colour!

Artist Rouge Lipstick

Artist Rouge Lipstick

Artist Rouge Lipstick
I think everyone wanted to bring this painting (created using Artist Rouge Lipsticks) home!

Artist Rouge Lipstick
Wonderful group of dancers

No comments:

Post a Comment